Starting Salary: $52,811.79
The Florida Bar News and Florida Bar Journal — a monthly newspaper, bi-monthly magazine, and online daily news website — is seeking a journalist to join our team full-time. From coverage of the Florida Supreme Court and Florida Legislature, to the governance of The Florida Bar to features on the happenings of the legal profession, the ideal candidate will have the opportunity to write for a large, highly educated audience.
Required Minimum Education & Professional Work Experience:
- B.A. in Journalism or English (proof of degree required at interview).
- 8 years of experience in news reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write stories of interest to Florida’s lawyers and judges for The Florida Bar News
- Attend legislative committee meetings and regular sessions to cover the evolution of laws of interest to our members and issues impacting the judiciary
- Attend Bar-wide meetings to cover activities of Bar sections and committees and other events
- Photograph events
- Proof all copy for accuracy, clarity, and grammar.
- Research and write profiles of Bar presidents and Florida Supreme Court chief justices
To apply, visit https://www.floridabar.org/about/jobs/
Date Posted: November 22, 2021