The Chiefland Citizen is seeking a Reporter. The reporter is responsible for photography and writing for the weekly newspaper and special sections. A commitment to excellence and growth of this community newspaper is essential.
The Chiefland Citizen, located in Levy County, FL, is a weekly newspaper with an average circulation of 2,300. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and paid time off benefits to full-time employees. The newspaper can be found online at www.chieflandcitizen.com/.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field or equivalent experience
- Strong skills with grammar, spelling, writing, interviewing and researching
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet frequent deadlines by writing concise stories on deadline
- Experience in InDesign and Photoshop is essential
- Strong initiative in developing story ideas and enterprise
- Report local news for the news and feature sections of the newspaper
- Cover breaking news in Levy County as assigned
- Develop story ideas and work to find investigative angles
- Be available for night/weekend coverage
- Cover and write stories on own initiative or as assigned. Provide interesting content through a variety of news features and profiles
- Maintain close contact (daily where appropriate) with agencies and personnel on beat
- Regular involvement with content and features with the online product
- Practice fair and balanced reporting, check facts, spelling, grammar and sources
- Maintain an excellent record of accuracy, responsiveness and integrity
- Help answer phones, set up interviews, develop story ideas and set photo assignments for stories
Send resume to Deborah Kamlot, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Date Posted: February 7, 2020