Community Newspapers, Inc. is seeking a proven leader to manage all of the operations of our daily newspaper and press plant in Palatka, Florida. The publisher is the visionary and tactical leader of the organization and the face of the newspaper in the community. This position offers a high degree of autonomy for an experienced candidate.
- Publish a distinguished and profitable newspaper with excellence in news and advertising content.
- Manage all day-to-day operations of a 5x/week daily and press plant production for 4 publications. Areas of operations include editorial, advertising, composition, circulation, production/distribution and administration.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key advertisers, news sources and community leaders.
- Lead department heads and review objectives and progress toward goals
- Establish staff chemistry, motivation and rapport.
- Build the brand and circulation of newspaper.
- Prepare annual business plan and budgets for newspaper and press operations.
- Contribute as a member of Community Newspapers, Inc. senior management team.
- 5+ years in newspaper leadership role
- Proven organizational, management and financial skills
- Ideal candidate will have experience as publisher or sales leader of a newspaper
- Working knowledge of all operational areas of a newspaper
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
The Palatka Daily News is owned by Community Newspapers, Inc. and is offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a relocation allowance and a benefits package including health insurance and 401(k).
Send a letter of interest, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: April 1, 2022