Outside Sales Representative
The Chiefland Citizen is seeking an Outside Sales Rep. The full-time position works with new and existing advertising clients to develop new revenue growth through combined advertising sales. A commitment to excellence and growth of this community newspaper is essential.
The Chiefland Citizen, located in Levy County, FL, is a weekly newspaper with an average circulation of 2,300. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and paid time off benefits to full-time employees. The newspaper can be found online at www.chieflandcitizen.com/.
- Two or more years of newspaper or other media advertising sales experience
- Successful track record in meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Self-motivated, highly energetic and goal oriented
- Skilled in written, oral and interpersonal communications
- Computer proficient, experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to identify and prospect for new sales opportunities
- Ability to overcome objections and ‘close the sale’
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to make sales calls
- Develop and implement sales presentations to existing and potential customers.
- Develop advertising programs to meet customer goals
- Develop sales ideas, promotions and events to attract new revenue sources
- Meet or exceed monthly sales performance objectives
- Meet or exceed advertising sales representative performance standards.
- Manage specific advertising accounts with accuracy and effectiveness
- Maintain extraordinary levels of internal and external customer service
- Participate in community events and professionally represent the publication
Send resume to Dale Bowen, General Manager, at DBowen@chieflandcitizen.com .
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Date Posted: February 25, 2020