- Find a Newspaper
Lake City Reporter
If you’re a newsroom leader who misses the days of independence from the corporate giants, agonizes over the trend of cookie-cutter designs that many newspapers have adopted, we may have the opportunity you seek. The Lake City Reporter, a five-day daily in North Florida, is looking for our next Assistant Editor to lead our evening news desk. We are scrappy and fearless. We believe strong community newspapers lead the way and our news content and our editorial page backs up our passion for local news. We are fiercely independent, financially strong and our content platform is nearly all local news with every issue. Our city and county are growing rapidly and provide plenty on which to report. We’re aggressive and move at a fast pace. We also publish several magazines the Assistant Editor has a hand in.
* Knowledge of overall newspaper business
* Deadline driven
* Strong editing, writing, designing and pagination skills
* Proficiency in InDesign and Photoshop
* Effective time management and organizational skills
* Strong editorial writing skills; Also basic newswriting and photography required
* Manage people/Direct reports
* Be a visible leader in our community
The Assistant Editor is the No. 2 position in our news department. We offer a competitive salary, normal benefits of cost-shared health insurance, a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays and vacations. Send your resume and a quick paragraph that leaves no doubt why you’re the right candidate to: Jamie Wachter, editor, email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Date Posted: December 29, 2020