Advertising Sales Rep
The Gadsden County Times in Quincy, Fla., is seeking an advertising sales rep for its 4,200 circulation weekly. Quincy is located about 12 miles northwest of Tallahassee. This position is responsible for maintaining established accounts, prospecting successfully for new advertising revenue opportunities and meeting individual sales goals. The Gadsden County News can also be found online at www.gadcotimes.com.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer service experience
- Classified or Retail sales experience preferred
- Professional telephone presence
- Must be self-motivated, highly energetic and goal oriented
- Must be skilled in written, oral and interpersonal communications
- Ability to overcome objections and ‘close the sale’
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance and reliable transportation to make sales calls.
- Sell retail and classified display advertising to customers to satisfy customer expectations and meet and exceed established monthly sales goals.
- Develop sales ideas, promotions and events to attract new revenue sources.
- Solicit advertising lineage from existing and prospective advertisers.
- Consult with potential advertisers in order to learn information about their individual businesses.
- Maintain extraordinary levels of internal and external customer service.
- Participate in community events to professionally represent the newspaper as assigned.
This position reports to the General Manager.
Interested persons should send resume to: Deborah Kamlot, Human Resources at
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Date Posted: January 8, 2019