2018-19 FPA Weekly Newspaper Contest
Entry Period: 12/17/18 – 2/4/19
The contest is open to all Florida Press Association monthly, semi-monthly, weekly, semi-weekly and tri-weekly newspaper members in good standing, whose 2019 dues are current by the date of contest entry and were FPA members in 2018. Entries may not be submitted from sister publications unless they are also members of FPA.
All contest entries must be the sole work of the newspaper staff and/or regular contributors.
- The deadline for ALL uploaded entries 11:59 p.m. EDT, February 4, 2019. All mailed entries must be postmarked/dated on or before February 4.
- Membership dues for your newspaper must be paid by February 4, 2019 in order to be eligible to enter the contest.
- The Circulation Verification form must be submitted by February 4, 2019 in order for your entries to be judged.
- Submit all entries online unless absolutely unable. For entries that need to be mailed please follow the instructions in the following “How to Enter” section.
- To aid the judges, in the photography category if there is more than one photograph on the page, indicate which photos are in the competition by adding an arrow pointing at, but not on, those photos.
- All entries must have been published between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2018.
- Unless specified in the category description, all work MUST have appeared in print. Work that has appeared online only is generally not accepted, unless the category description says otherwise.
- All mailed entries from a single newspaper must be submitted at one time in one package.
- The entry fee for each individual entry you submit is $12. Payment can be made online or checks should be made payable to the Florida Press Association and mailed in compliance with the entry deadline.
Complete contest information including all rules, categories, and entry instructions can be found at the Florida Media Contests website.