The Florida Press Association is one the nation’s leading state press associations with more than 160 members. FPA’s subsidiary, Intersect Media Solutions, provides marketing solutions for regional and national advertisers with more than $40 million in sales in 2018.
The association has initiated a search for a new president and CEO to lead the state’s news media organization into the future. The president and CEO will have the overall strategic and operational responsibility for staffing, programming, managing and achieving the mission. The organization’s office is in Lake Mary, Florida, with a legislative office in Tallahassee. The president and CEO will work with the association and subsidiary’s boards of directors to create and implement the strategies that will achieve the organization’s legislative, sales, membership and programming goals.
- Develops, maintains and supports strong and effective boards
- Works with the FPA board and membership, General Counsel and contract lobbyists to achieve the organization’s legislative priorities
- Works with the IMS board, VP of Strategy and the IMS team to achieve the organization’s sales goals to grow incremental revenue and to provide profits for the organization
- Oversees the organization’s finances; develops and monitors the budgets, and sets financial priorities to ensure that the organization can support the program needs and staff
- Leads, coaches and develops a high-performance staff
- Manage communications to the boards of directors, membership and to the public
- Delivers high quality programs and events
- Maintain and seeks partnerships with appropriate organizations to further the goals of FPA
- Serves as the registered agent for the corporations
- Provides overall management of multiple associations
- Manages the minutes and logistics of the board meetings
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
The president and CEO will have proven leadership, marketing and legislative skills, be adept at developing and motivating staff and volunteer leaders. The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher with 10 years of senior management experience
- Prior non-profit experience or previous leadership at a local media company
- Strong communication skills
- Proven organization and management skills
- Experience working with boards of directors
- Ability to travel
This is not an all-inclusive list of qualifications. Candidates should send their resume and a cover letter for why they are interested in leading Florida’s newspaper association to CEOSearch@mediagenius.com.