Crestview News Bulletin / Santa Rosa Press Gazette Newspapers
- Editor position leads the news and information gathering and multimedia production teams for the Crestview News Bulletin and Santa Rosa Press Gazette, which both have a twice-weekly publication schedule.
- This candidate is responsible for all aspects: contributing content through writing of stories, producing videos and social media postings/engagement, managing a 2-member staff at both locations for all content of the Crestview News Bulletin and Santa Rosa Press Gazette print and digital products as well as communicating layout budgets and overseeing production with the GateHouse Media Center for News and Design.
- Active with the management team in developing and implementing the newspapers’ strategies and tactics.
- Communicate with readers, answering questions and providing information.
- The candidate will have the ability to manage both newsrooms while working directly with the Publisher and other news editors within the region to produce meaningful content.
- The candidate will need to be able to work collaboratively with the Northwest Florida Daily News.
- Adhere to journalistic standards established by GateHouse Media, and assure reporting is balanced and objective
- Adhere to Inner Circle requirements and implement GateHouse Media initiatives as needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 2-3 years experience in editing role is preferred
- Experience in creating and managing resources to meet objectives
- Experience in using content management systems
- Experience using various digital platforms and tools including social media skills and sites (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Experience posting to multiple platforms, making sure copy is accurate, fair and balanced, and free of spelling or grammatical errors.
Send resumes to email@example.com.