Position Title: Account Relationship Specialist (ARS)
Location: Fort Walton Beach
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Full/Part Time: Full
This position will focus on support of Multimedia Sales Executives and Digital Sales Specialists in the advertising fulfillment process. The primary responsibilities include: entering orders into the ad order systems, contacting clients for ad order and copy instructions, creating ad layouts, account retention, monitoring campaign fulfillment. This position will work collaboratively with their assigned team to ensure exceptional customer service to the company’s current and prospective advertisers.
Additional key focus areas will include sales acquisition via the phone with dormant/churn advertisers and other special initiatives of focus.
Reports To: Group Business Development Director
Directly Supervises: N/A
Indirectly Supervises: N/A
Extent of Supervision: N/A
- Complete Ad Scheduler for each order.
- Input all orders into both AR2005 and IO Maker. Update customer information.
- Track completion of order entry, ad creative sign off, reporting, and ancillary requests.
- Assist with advertising trafficking, billing, accounting, presentations and media kits.
- Complete new account setup (credit app, AOR, all necessary documents to move forward), send e-tear sheets and invoices when necessary.
- Pull history and reports for clients as requested.
- Prepare sales reports.
- Generate digital proof of performance reports from when campaign ends-both NWFDN (community properties) and ThriveHive.
- Review advertisements to ensure ads adhere to advertising standards.
- Order spec ads for print and interactive products.
- Provide excellent customer service to current and potential advertisers.
- Liaison to sales executives, graphic artists and customers using direct and 3rd party ad serving technologies for ROP and Digital advertising campaigns.
- Update ad trackers, as well as print & special section calendars.
- Determine during a sales interaction on the phone if a client needs to be seen in person by an MMSE or DSS and communicates this info to them.
- Return calls to customers promptly and in a professional manner.
- Respond to all emails to clients promptly and professionally-copy sales representative on all correspondence.
- Communicate any credits or adjustments that need to be written up and processed to MMSE, DSS and GBDM.
- Monitor and make adjustments to campaigns as needed in consultation with the MMSE or DSS. Bring forth new campaign ideas as needed. Refresh interactive and print ad copy and graphics as needed.
- Check co-op funds and vendor partnership opportunities.
- Prospect via phone to reactivate churn/dormant accounts and/or special product focus initiatives for new customers.
- Plan your work and work your plan.
- Produce accurate work, keeping adjustments to a minimum while adhering to deadlines.
- Communicate with your manager and other sales leaders on your success and market conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Strong typing and data entry skill.
- Strong phone skills.
- Skilled in managing time wisely, leaving ample time in each day for high gain activities.
- Knowledge of order entry and fulfillment for both NWFDN products and ThriveHive Products
- Intermediate training and or experience in sales.
- Ability to communicate in a persuasive manner in order to gain acceptance for yourself and your ideas.
- Consultative sales style demonstrated by effective listening skills and the ability to determine sales representative and client needs through proper needs assessment techniques.
- Proven track record and skill in managing and maintaining client relationships.
- Ability to be self motivated and plan daily priorities in a way that ensures your success.
- Oral presentation skills and ability to field questions from clients.
- Training and or experience in overcoming client objections.
- Ability to think creatively and holistically along company product lines as it pertains to preparing plans and proposals.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as familiarity with database programs.
- Ability to work with teams while treating clients, both internal and external, with dignity and respect.
- Maintain a positive attitude and professional appearance to set the stage for sales success.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both written and oral.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
Education: High School Diploma or GED; BA/BS in Advertising, Marketing or related field a plus
Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years sales experience; a track record of excellent customer relationships. Advertising experience a plus.
Certifications/Licenses: State issued driver’s license and maintain current auto insurance
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands and working conditions are within normal expectations for this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions. (For positions involving more physical demands, refer to the
Job Description Physical Addendum).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements. Scheduling flexibility is required to accommodate changing business needs.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.