POSITION DESCRIPTION: Senior Media Strategist at Intersect Media Solutions
REPORTS TO: Media Director
MAJOR PURPOSE: Perform media buying and planning for IMS clients. The day to day management of accounts includes, but is not limited to, local market media strategies, contract analysis, special projects and troubleshooting issues with future, current and past campaigns. The Media Strategist will work with the client, account manager(s), client’s vendors, media staff, and marketing staff to accomplish these duties.
- Effectively communicate with client, account manager, sales and media staff, and our member newspapers.
- Provide leadership to your team
- Maintain excellent knowledge and stay well-informed about newspaper, digital, mobile and advertising issues and be conversant on trends and problems affecting the industry.
- Develop and manage local market multimedia campaigns in conjunction with account manager and client and/or relevant agency.
- Manage special projects as assigned by client and/or relevant agency, senior management.
- Provide support to accounting staff to insure timely billing of all accounts.
- Maintain media buying/planning database, local market spoilage and share of voice competitive database/relevant reporting to clients.
- Provide support to sales, marketing and media staff as needed.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of newspapers and their rate cards
- Advanced mathematical skills
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint, with high-level proficiency with Excel.
4 year degree in Advertising/Marketing or a related field, or 4+ years of specialized experience required.
Willing to work occasional overtime and weekends if required to meet deadlines or client needs.
Willing to travel out of market if required.
This is an exempt, salaried plus commission-based full time position.
EOE, Drug Free Workplace
Job Type: Full-time
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or faxes, please.