HCP Media, a division of McClatchy, develops and produces over 100 custom publications for hotels, airlines, and other clients. These include multilingual destination guides, in-room hotel books, in-flight magazines, en-suite cruise line publications, luxury lifestyle magazines, travel videos and websites, as well as accompanying sales, marketing, and promotional programs. The company also produces commemorative coffee table books, health care publications, program guides and other customized publications.
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
- Sells products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails; by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new advertising opportunities
- Cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business.
- Responding to incoming email and phone inquiries.
- Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets.
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales.
- Representing the company at trade exhibitions and events.
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy.
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions.
- Creating detailed proposal documents.
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed goals.
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements.
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations.
- Feeding future buying trends back to employers.
- Attending team meetings and sharing best practice with colleagues.
- Achieving annual goals
- Submitting weekly sales reports
- Assisting in collection of hard-copy advertising material when necessary
- Assisting in collections when their accounts are past due
- Travel to the assigned areas when is necessary.
Wednesday, March 29, 2017